Re: [Xen-devel] Oops when modprobing ivtv outside of dom0

On 4 Jul 2005, at 13:26, David Muench wrote:

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I have tried the unstable driver - it
loads, but it goes through each of the 3 cards and says something like
"Can't find PCI slot", and "Error -6". I can get you exact error
messages from the unstable driver if it would help.

The driver is *really* big, so we'll need to narrow this down some more. It's probably best to do this in domU, as there the driver was crashing nice and early while probing for the card. The dom0 crash is going to be harder to track down, and hopefully fixing domU will fix dom0.

You can get a lot more debug info out of the driver by specifying the argument 'ivtv_debug=255' when you install the module. This will make the very verbose indeed, but should narrow the crash down to within a few lines of code.

 -- Keir