Re: [Xen-devel] no digit beginning name?

On 7 Jul 2005, at 16:29, Tim Freeman wrote:

Well, I'm asking especially because these five characters are currently
explicitly allowed:

            if c in '_-.:/+': continue

I was wondering if that was for a reason. They all seem to work from my limited
testing, except for '/'

I think _, -, . and : are all sane (although some people think we should fix on one of _ or -, and exclude the other to make the naming more uniform). I'm not sure about +, but allowing / is madness.

 -- Keir