[Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMA issues?

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 13:34 -0400, David Muench wrote:
> On 7/7/05, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On 7 Jul 2005, at 17:07, David Muench wrote:
> >
> > > I recieved this reply to my request for help with ivtv on Xen on the
> > > ivtv-devel list. I don't feel very well qualified to respond to
> > > Andrew. Can I ask what your thoughts are? Am I just out of luck?
> >
> > Andrew's simply pointing out that the ivtv driver already uses the
> > dma-mapping interface properly. It's good to have that confirmed. :-)

I am not sure I can really confirm that, it was more the suggestion of
pci_alloc_consistent that looked very wrong. I only did a quick check in
ivtv-queue.c and most of the stuff looks in order. But since I don't
really know the real flow of data it is hard to say for sure. But given
that the driver works for me it must be correct. :>