[Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMA issues?

On 11 Jul 2005, at 14:08, David Muench wrote:

I'll give that a shot tonight, thanks for the suggestion. I really
appreciate your efforts and if that doesn't help, I'll see if anyone
on the ivtv-devel list is into Xen too. I wish I had the kernel
programming expertise myself. But at least the drivers work well in
dom0.

Stupid question, but is there any way to tell Xen to allocate a domU
contiguously? Or is that just not the Xen way, so to speak?

It would be tricky. Even if we did support it, if the domU is connected to a network interface, or you use the balloon driver, then that will cause memory to start getting fragmented. But maybe it would be good enough -- this fragmenting problem will also occur in domain0 over time.

I think you'll have to stick to dom0 for now and hope someone on the ivtv list has some spare cycles to help you out.

 -- Keir