[Xen-devel] force PAE patch

Keir, I noticed your patch to force PAE on.  Things like this are very
useful for testing config options that are off by default, but I'd like
to see about putting a more generic method for doing this into Xen.

Ryan and I had discussed this recently, and there are at least a few
different scenarios I could see being useful.

1. make CONFIG_SOMETHING=y CONFIG_SOMETHING_ELSE=y CONFIG_YET_ANOTHER=n
For specifying just a few individual config options.

2. make KCONFIG=/path/to/kernel/configfile
This is useful if you have several different kernel configs that you
want to reuse for different test runs.  A possible variation of this
could be to specify DOM0_KCONFIG and DOMU_KCONFIG.

Speaking for myself at least, this would be great to have and make
testing of some of the non-default config options much easier.  Would
anyone else find this useful?

--
Thanks,
Paul Larson