[Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMA issues?

On 15 Jul 2005, at 13:43, David Muench wrote:

This will make the sync functions behave as they do in the ARM
architecture, which also uses bounce buffers but has at least been
looked over by the core kernel DMA guys.

That doesn't work however:

Well, I think there is probably a grey area over what accesses the kernel can make to memory that it currently has mapped by dma_map_single.... I think I will just remove the direction checks from the sync functions, leave them in the map/unmap functions, and hope that suffices to get most drivers working.

Thanks for your testing efforts on this!

 -- Keir