RE: [Xen-devel] dma_alloc_coherent issue with tg3 in x86_64 build

> > I guess we could hold onto a few large chunks before making
> the dom0
> > memory allocation.
>
> I'm surprised that the mfns are already fragmented that early in boot.
> Or maybe this case is just an example of bad luck?

debug builds go out of their way to fragment things -- its proved useful
for catching drivers that are taking liberties. Maybe not too smart when
used in conjunction with dom0 grabbing all of memory...

It would be good to confirm that things are OK with non debug builds,
but I still don't think it's a good idea to rely on this. Let's hold a
couple of MB back from dom0 to avoid problems.

Ian