Re: [Xen-devel] Buffer I/O error on device nbd0

On 6 Aug 2005, at 11:53, Peter wrote:

I'm not sure what we are running in /etc/init.d that could be starting something that triggers this error. And I don't believe we see the same error when we use the same file system under UML (but that may be because we have different kernel options enabled).

Has there been any further thought as to what triggers these error messages? Or do you have any advice on what we can do to try and avoid them?

I think they appear during udev or lvm startup. It may be because we build NBD as part of domU configuration (although only as a module). If this is only happening on domU then it's worth trying to remove NBD support from kernel configuration and recompile.

 -- Keir