RE: [Xen-devel] serial console & sysrq?

  • To: "Gerd Knorr" <kraxel@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:16:40 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:14:52 +0000

> is there some way to trigger sysrq from the serial console in
> xenlinux?  With native linux it works by sending a break +
> sysrq letter, in xenlinux it doesn't work that way though ...

I'm not entirely sure how 'break' is signalled from the UART. We'll
certainly fail to pass it on through xen to Linux as there's no side
channel.

One option would be to use a second serial line and to let Linux drive
it directly.

What I usually do is to switch to the Xen console and then send a debug
interrupt 'q', after having arranged for the debug intterupt handler to
call the sysrq function I'm interested in. All a bit gross.

Ian