Re: [Xen-devel] DOM0_GETPAGEFRAMEINFO for non-dom0 domains

On 16 Aug 2005, at 16:23, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

with writable page tables it takes a little more work tracking page
types from within a domU. Basically, I need to duplicate Xen's pgd walks
when pinning and unpinning pgds, within the domU, in order to obtain a
consistent map of page types for my own pages.

It seems it would be a lot easier just to allow domUs access to a
DOM0_GETPAGEFRAMEINFO-like hypercall that would extract this info from
Xen. Would you consider merging a patch to do this, and how/where would
you prefer it to be implemented?

Implement it as a new MMUEXT operation and we'll consider it.

 -- Keir