Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Genapic in x86_64 Dom0

> * Keir Fraser (Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Perhaps genapic_xen is currently being too smart for its own good? :-)
>
> Hehe, quite possible ;-)
>
> > On i386 we lobotomised local apic handling.
>
> My goal was to avoid (equivalent of) #if 0 where possible, by backfilling
> functionality where possible.  I also had filled out mpc_config_processor
> during mp_register_lapic and tried to maintain the physid map (that bit
> isn't merged).  Do you think there's value in maintaining that level of
> code compatibility?

I suspect we might be best off just diverging completely and having
our own file that implements enough of the local APIC "interface" to
get everything else to build, but is basically a set of no-ops. That's
basically what we have for arch/xen/i386.

Maintaining processor and lapic info is pretty pointless since those
things aren't under domain 0's control, although it may be as easy to
do so as not.

 -- Keir