Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Fine-grained proxy resource charging

> Thank you, Mark.
>
> May I rephrase the question? :

Oh sorry ;-)  I see.

> Let you have a few devices D1, D2, and D3.
> Currently, in our testbed, they are all supported by Dom0 that hosts
> drivers for D1, D2, and D3.
> My question is how to get a working configuration with 3 IDDs:
> IDD1 - for D1, IDD2 - for D2, IDD3 - for D3.
> Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Right now it's not entirely straightfoward (and doesn't work under 3.0 yet):
* Hide the device from dom0 using an option on Xen's command line
* Configure a domain with access to that device
* Configure the domain to run a backend driver
* Configure other domains to connect to that backend for a particular device

There's some material in the mailing list archives and the documentation about
this; it'd be nice to have a more thorough howto written up by someone who
had done this stuff recently.

Cheers,
Mark