RE: [Xen-devel] IRQ range in domain 0

  • To: "John Que" <qwejohn@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <mats.petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:13:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:19:17 +0000

1. The APIC that is included in almost every CPU produced today
(certainly all PC processors produced today) is capable of more than 15
inputs (as I understand it, there's 256 "inputs".

2. Interupts with numbers higher than 256 are "virtual interrupts",
which is a "XEN thing", and they are not REAL interrupts from hardware,
but signalling within XEN to (for example) wake up another Domain.

This is to the best of my understanding, and I have spent no time trying
to trace, understand or research any of this, so if you're going to use
any of the above for anything serious, I suggest you do some reasearch
to confirm or revise the above statements.

--
Mats