Re: [Xen-devel] domU NFS performance

On 29 Aug 2005, at 10:29, Nicholas Lee wrote:

I've written up a short review of the past few months experimenting
with a Xen based Ubuntu NX thin client server.

http://stateless.geek.nz/2005/08/29/xen-disk-performance/

I'm wondering if other people have experience similar stalling issues
with  NFS services in a domU.  Is it a known issue?

No, I would expect that to work just fine. We certainly run our own servers with most networked services running in domUs, but I don't think that includes an NFS server (i.e., that configuration is likely untested).

What version of Xen are you using? Anything special about your network setup (or is it the default bridged setup)? Any special NFS server/client settings?

 -- Keir