Re: [Xen-devel] Build breakage in vtpm (missing dependency on libgpm)

xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/31/2005 11:51:08 PM:

> >Howdy,
> >
> >The recent vtpm checkin has broken the build for me since it introduces

> >a dependency on libgpm.
>
> Ah - didn't spot that since I had it installed on all my machines.
>
> >I'd prefer that we only build vtpm if libgpm is present.  In the very
> >least, we should add a check for it if we always want to build it.
> >

> Certainly - can you knock up a patch?
>
> [note - the vtpm stuff needs more testing, particularly with
save/restore;
> if someone is running w/out netgrants it'd be good if they could confirm
> it doesn't break save/restore for them]

There's one problem that I know of. There cannot be any outstanding
request in the backend, but all repsonses have to be collected. I have
tried to use a time in the frontend's .suspend function, but that did not
work. The reason I believe is the __cli() call in the reboot.c before
xenbus_suspend() which prevents functions like wait_event(),
interruptible_sleep_on_timeout() and related ones to work properly. Can
this function be moved to a  later point?

  Stefan