[Xen-devel] Re: xen 2.0.7 on VIA C3 (EPIA)

Chris Brookes wrote:

Has anyone tried to get Xen 2.0.7 booting on a VIA EPIA board with a
VIA C3 CPU?

No. But I compiled Kernel 2.6.12.4 yesterday with 'CONFIG_M386=y', got some warnings from the compiler related to '486 and higher instruction set', and will try this kernel today on my EPIAs ME6000.

With a few well placed printk's I was able to determine that the halt
was happening inside init_frametable() in arch/x86/memory.c, at the
point where it calls memset(frame_table, 0, frame_table_size).

IMHO you should get warnings or errors, if you compile for VIAC3_2 (386, 486, 586 should also work), which lets you find the locations.

But maybe there are other glitches, as I would assume from my (bad) 3 years experience with this hardware.

Unfortunately my C & ASM skills being what they are (i.e not great)

Same here;-)

Helmut Wollmersdorfer