[Xen-devel] virtualGraphicCards

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Retzki, Sascha [Xplain]" <sascha.retzki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 11:59:20 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 09:57:17 +0000

Hi Xen-developers,

I would love to see "virtualGraphicCards":

Each domU is shown a virtual graphics cards (besides the console?). The
domUs graphic system (x11r6 on unix, rio on plan9, $whatever on
$what-OS-ever-support-xen) can use those to startup the graphical
system, window manager, Desktop environment.

The dom0 can $somehow "attach" to those displays. Effectivly, this means
dom0 can interact with all OSes via the graphical system, and the
user(s) can use all domUs via their respective UserInterfaces.

I'd love to see this on Xen, I'd love to work on this, but I am
"unskilled" ;-), so it is a bit hard for me at the moment. Anyway, any
help, brainstorming, code, is highly appreciated.

Who else is in?