Re: [Xen-devel] virtualGraphicCards

> X is not the center of this world. If it is, something is wrong.
> I think VESA, VGA, other (better, newer) protocols are way better. They
> are more generic, and thus *can* be supported by other Operating
> Systems. Despite that X is on another "layer" (layer as in OSI, just for
> graphics cards ;-))...

The intention isn't to limit ourselves to using X.  The plan would be to
define the "Xen video protocol" then write a driver to make X talk it.
Anyone else could port their system to talk to it too.

I'd be inclined to implement the Xen video device in the guest kernel, then
get X to use that (as it can for existing framebuffer drivers).

Cheers,
Mark