Re: [Xen-devel] paravirtualization = exokernel?

> Well, I'm new with xen and i would like to know:
> does xen works like a exokernel?

Basically, yes; it exposes a hardware-like interface to domains and relies on
them to provide their own abstractions.  The primary difference is that it's
oriented towards running whole OSes, rather than processes.  For instance It
supports task-switching, protection rings, etc within a domain.

> how can i contribute to xen project?

First of all, try to get it installed on a system using the documentation
provided.  I suggest you start off with the Xen 2.0 branch whilst learning
but you'll want to get onto -unstable if you start doing development work.

You'll probably find there are gaps in the docs - additions to the documents
are welcome.  That's not very fun though, so once you've got up and running
you'll probably want to do some bug fixing or implement some small features.

You'll need to know Python to hack on the tools, and C to hack on everything
else.

Cheers,
Mark