Re: [Xen-devel] NMI with SMP domain causing machine to reboot

On 8 Sep 2005, at 20:33, Santos, Jose Renato G wrote:

  I have spend most of the last weeks trying to nail down a nasty bug
  that is preventing me to release xenoprof for SMP domains.
  The bug is non-deterministic and when it happens the machine just
  reboots with no message or warning on the serial console.
  This made the debugging process painfull and slow.

Hard to say from the code, but maybe it's somethign to do with hyperthreading? The performance counter MSRs are shared in a weird way between hyperthreads. Maybe you're not properly resetting CPU1's perf counter and ending up with an NMI storm?

 -- Keir