[Xen-devel] motivation for sparse trees?

Hi, sorry if I've missed the explanation somewhere, but what's the motivation
for keeping sparse trees for the OSs instead of full trees?

For PPC work, we've been using a full hg Linux tree, and it's made things very
convenient to pull, merge, and diff work with upstream. In fact I think every
Linux developer out there has multiple trees, even though they probably
aren't modifying more than a dozen for any particular project. Any reason we
don't do this with Xen development?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center