[Xen-devel] Net grant tables breaking multiple nic domU

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jerone Young <jyoung5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:33:12 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:35:03 +0000

While working Bugzilla #183 I figured out what was the problem... Net
grant tables...something that is marked as DANGEROUS in the kernel
config...is on by default. When net grant tables is compiled in bringing
up two interfaces in a domU crashes the domU kernel. But when I compile
both Dom0 & DomU without net grant tables I am able to use two
interfaces in domU with no problem. I don't know a lot about net grant
tables but could someone who know more about net grant tables take a
look at this?

--
Jerone Young
IBM Linux Technology Center