[Xen-devel] Re: 3.0-testing Status

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 08:19:27AM -0500, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> Ian Pratt wrote:
>
> >>I was curious if there's an estimation on when 3.0-testing is
> >>going to be declared?  Is there a list of things that are
> >>outstanding before it will happen?
> >
> >Renaming the -unstable tree would be a fairly pointless exercise so we
> >haven't done so. We've been operating in 'testing' mode for some time,
> >working our way through the issues that are reported (and the ones that
> >our extensive regression test infrastructure 'XenRT' picks up).
> >
> Ah, excellent, so there will be no 3.0-testing fork?  That's good to
> know.  It had seemed like we had been operating in testing mode :-)

I guess the follow up question is what is the freeze process for Xen 3.0
going to be, as even in testing state lots of code is going in which is
regressing some previously working features.

> >Many of the oustanding issues are to do with the wide variety of
> >hardware platforms xen is run on. To this end Dan/Chris/Tim have worked
> >over the summer to create an automated 'test CD'. The CD is by no means
> >as extensive as XenRT, but is targeted specifically to find h/w platform
> >issues (does it boot, does network work, video, disks etc). We'll
> >officially release the CD as soon as there are no platform-related
> >issues on any of the machines we have access to (which is a fair range).
> >We're quite close to that.
> >

> Looking forward to seeing the CD.

Me as well. :)

> >As regards when we release 3.0.0, I'd expect to see solid rows of green
> >'pass' boxes on XenRT, and a set of control tools that work robustly.

Also, are there results from XenRT that can be found anywhere on the web?
It would be nice to see those colored boxes to know how close we are. :)

        -Sean