Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCh][VT] partial PIC to HV patch

On 22 Sep 2005, at 13:24, Dong, Eddie wrote:

Understand, so you prefer to see entire PIC in HV at least for Xen3.0.
Right?
Or should we use this patch for now and do various performance tunning
in
parallel?

Right now I don't much care about 5% performance improvement in vmx, since noone is using it as the hardware isn't available. I'm therefore happy to wait for a more desirable patch than accept this a stopgap measure.

If you provide a patch that cleanly moves PIC (and IO-APIC, when it's ready) code into Xen, I will accept it in a heartbeat. I reckon that ought to clean up the interrupt-related parts of the PIT code too (and the local APIC code, when it's ready).

I really want to see vmx cleanups, bug fixes, and patches that move us closer to the ideal architecture that we have in mind.

 -- Keir