Re: [Xen-devel] /dev/misc/evtchn , /dev/xen/evtchn and the event channel driver : a little question

Mark Ryden wrote:

Hello,

I had booted Xen (domain 0).

But I do not have /dev/misc/evtchn !
(as ls /dev/misc/evtchn shows).
On the other hand I *DO* have /dev/xen/evtchn and it seems to me that
other modules in tools use /dev/xen/evtchn and not /dev/misc/evtchn.

What is the truth behind this mystery ?
This is all left-over crude from devfs/udev and trying to support 2.4 and 2.6. I imagine that you're actually seeing a /dev/evtchn from udev and Xend is manually creating /dev/xen/evtchn at startup.

There's a general cleanup needed here that's on my TODO list. Just been overly distracted lately.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

TIA,
MR