Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

 KF> On 30 Sep 2005, at 01:54, Andrei Petrov wrote:

 KF> When we previously had this, by defining packed structs, there were
 KF> plenty of screams that it wasn't ANSI compliant, and that performance
 KF> sucks on some architectures.

Tou use a research term, "thats just ka-ka" :)
Packed in no way solves the problem of selecting the appropriate types.

 KF> At the time there seemed no good reason for cross-ABI
 KF> compatibility (we don't plan to stuff these structs into network
 KF> packets, for example).

There are 4 ABIs present, Xen (internal), Domain, Managment App, and
the ABI (_not_ API) that Xen presents to all.

We only wish to formalize the Xen External ABI in a binary form, not
by lanuage.

-JX

--
 "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even
  began to know what I was talking about." -- Peter Griffin (Family Guy)