Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

On Thursday 29 September 2005 08:56, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Anyway, since this is a Xen/Kernel header, perhpas we can
> > create a type that represent the Xen/Kernel machine-register size?
>
> Since we're only talking about dom0 ops, it wouldn't be unreasonable to
> turn all the long's into u64's. This would be pretty straightforward,
> arguably easier than bothering with a u_reg type or similar.
>
> Since the dom0_op interface is not guaranteed stable in the 3.0 series
> [we assume you have matched tools and hypervisor] we don't have to get
> this in before 3.0.0. However, it's a pretty simple change and if
> someone who really cared were to knock up a tested patch immediately
> we'd potentially consider it.

I've finally tested this patch on x86, which changes only the dom0_ops
structures/code. In your mail from yesterday though, you advocate a "ureg"
type. I guess you would like to see "ureg" used for both dom0 and hypercalls?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center