Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-changelog] Create new vcpu_op() hypercall. Replaces old boot_vcpu()

* Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-10-04 11:31]:

> On 4 Oct 2005, at 17:05, Ryan Harper wrote:
>
> >>btw, this patch also regressed vcpu-{enable/disable} for dom0 and
> >>domU.
> >
> >Actually this was just the first changeset where I noticed.  The break
> >is further back.  I'll reply in a bit with the changeset where this was
> >broken.
>
> I see problems on smp save/restore -- secondary cpus end up looping
> forever (I think waiting for their state to be CPU_UP_PREPARE in
> play_dead()). I'm sure there's a similar problem in vcpu-up/down logic.
> I don't think it can be very hard to fix. :-)

Actually, hotplug works fine via sysfs:
(echo 0 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/online), but the store watches for
hotplug don't seem to get triggered.  I can confirm the writes to the
store (with xs_tdb_dump), and with some debugging in the kernel I can
see that the watches never fire.

Last changeset where vcpu-disable works is:

changeset:   7141:a39510ad5c591ee84592924e718c90d746f90097
user:        emellor@ewan
date:        Fri Sep 30 05:55:49 2005
summary:     Added cache-control headers to pages returned by HTTP server so
that pages

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx