Re: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0 testing / DMA failure with ivtv-driver

On 6 Oct 2005, at 10:56, Manuel Bernhardt wrote:

In my post there was one error: I can ping the himself but not the ip's
outside of the pc. I notice only this messages after starting xend:

Oct  6 13:14:31 linux kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode enabled.
Oct  6 13:14:31 linux kernel: device eth0 entered promiscuous mode

In some rarely cases the nic stay alive so that i can ping ip's outside
but mostly (in 9 of 10 cases) the connection failed

We've had Gentoo problems because it doesn't have ifup/ifdown scripts. That problem is now fixed in our repository, but perhaps not in gentoo packages. I'm not sure what the problem might be with SuSE -- does the failure look the same as on gentoo?

 -- Keir