Re: [Xen-devel] x86-64 Net Performance

I did `apt-get source glibc`, edited debian/sysdeps/amd64.mk to comment out
the couple of lines enabling NPTL, then used dpkg-buildpackage to generate
new .debs.

Your skepticism was warranted; I double-checked my changes to that file, and I
had also disabled a line that set -O3 for the compile.  This seems to account
for the performance difference on native; recompiling with -O3 intact slows
things down to normal.  So the conclusion is that NPTL / TLS doesn't make
much difference.

However, it's kind of odd that disabling -O3 would make things faster on
native, but have no effect on Xen.

Alex