[Xen-devel] More on domU not starting

I get the following warning when running xend start, and a similar warning sometimes when doing xm commands:

/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/XendNode.py:26: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module xen.lowlevel.xc: This Python has API version 1012, module xen.lowlevel.xc has version 1011.
 import xen.lowlevel.xc
/usr/lib/python/xen/xend/xenstore/xstransact.py:10: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module xen.lowlevel.xs: This Python has API version 1012, module xen.lowlevel.xs has version 1011.
 from xen.lowlevel import xs

Xend does seem to start ok, and xm seems to run ok. But domU still can't find its boot disk. In the boot messages I see:

xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver

But following that I see no message like Registering block device major 3
which I normally see on a working system.

The non-working system has python 2.3.4 on it. Could this be a problem?

My disk config is:
disk = [ 'file:/xen/disk-images/dom1.fs,sda1,w']
The strange thing is if I change the filename to something non-existent, the behavior stays the same. The disk image file does exist and is in good shape.

Rob