[Xen-devel] Re: massive failure on domain creation for 7353:29db5bded574

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 08:45:41PM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> I have a 5 DomU raw disk partition environment (5 different distros).  When
> using changeset 7353:29db5bded574 I get massive failures when starting with
> /etc/init.d/xendomains.
>
> After about 60 seconds, I get an error from the script, then xend appears
> dead.  A restart of xend provides me with the following from xm list:
>
> Name              ID  Mem(MiB)  CPU  VCPUs  State   Time(s)
> Domain-0           0       123    0      1  r-----    191.8
> Mandrake2006      12       128    0      1  --p---      0.0
> Suse9.2           27       100    0      1  --p---      0.0
>
> So in that 60 seconds, there were 25 domain deaths from attempted starts.
> I've got about 1 MB of xend logs generated from this as well (which contain
> vast numbers of "DEBUG (XendDomainInfo:805) XendDomainInfo.update").
>
> Are we still in fallout from weekend changes, or are these new issues I
> should be digging into and getting into bugzilla?

Further update, when I try to create Suse9.2 domain by hand, about 1/3 of
the time it succeeds, the other 2/3 I get the following error on the
console:

VFS: Cannot open root device "hda1" or unknown-block(2,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(2,0)

All the configuration is the same, I'm just running xm create -c
/etc/xen/auto/Suse9.2 over again each time it fails.

        -Sean