Re: [Xen-devel] Booting DomU

- Is udevd running?
# ps aux | grep udev
root      2387  0.0  0.5   7104  1028 ?        S<s  10:30   0:02 /sbin/udevd
--daemon --stop-exec-queue

OK, so it should work.

Your /etc/udev/rules.d/40-xen.rules
should point to /sbin/xen-vbd and xen-vif; you could add logger calls
there, so you can see what hotplug events reached your dom0 in the
syslog.

/etc/udev/rules.d/40-xen.rules and /sbin/xen-* are not needed any more with latest versions. The xen tools install a udev rules file if they find a udev version recent enougth, for me this works as-is.

That's correct as well, as udevd already eats all the hotplug events.
But my fear is that the events just don't arrive :-(

The block script calls should show up in /var/log/messages already with latest tools.

cheers,

  Gerd