[Xen-devel] App virtualisation, not OS virtualisation

I would like to run multiple copies of an application on a PC with multiple remote dumb clients.

It would seem to me that running Xen would be a sub-optimal solution as I would need a copy of the OS running for every copy of the application, but I was wondering whether a subset of Xen or Xen techniques could be used.

There are 2 barriers to running multiple applications with remote access:

- the application may check to see if a copy is already running and block a second copy starting up;

- how to feed mouse / keyboard input to the relevant copy of the application.

I'd like to be able to do this on Windows XP and am happy to wait for the next Intel / AMD chips with virtualisation support if that helps.

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards

Graham