[Xen-devel] Dom0 kernel works DomU doesn't (Re: Xen on Pentium III issues)

On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 08:36:10AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> I'm noticing that the same configuration of Xen DomUs that works on a 2x2.4
> Ghz P4 breaks a lot on a 2x700 Mhz Pentium III (though it used to work ~
> early Sept).  By breaks a lot I mean some DomUs can never start, even by
> hand.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  I know that in general using a PIII for
> development is tough, as it means lots of slow compiles, but I've got access
> to lots of that hardware, so it has made a convenient test platform (at
> least up until it not working at all 2 months ago).
>
> Other comments would be welcomed before I dig too deep here.  This is my
> last xm-test run
> (http://xmtest.dague.org/cgi-bin/display?view=single&testid=103), though
> I'll also rerun that today to see if anything got better in the last 2
> weeks.

As an interesting data point, if I use the dom0 default config kernel to
boot my domUs, they work fine.  The domU kernel works about 20% of the time,
and never with Fedora based domains.

Any ideas why this would be the case?

        -Sean