RE: [Xen-devel] monolithic versus modules

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 21:45 +0100, Ian Pratt wrote:
>  > I spun a new xen kernel from pristine sources using modules,
> > had the APCI errors and scsi timeouts.
> >
> > I took pristine source and spun a monolithic kernel and
> > everything appears to be working.
> >

> > gcc version 3.4.4 20050721 (Red Hat 3.4.4-2) if it matter.
> >
> > xen_changeset  : Wed Oct 26 11:59:13 2005 +0100 7500:20d1a79ebe31
> >
> > I have had this APCI issue on this SMP Athlon with modules
> > for a while now.
> >
> > Guess I will stick with monolithic kernels for xen for now.
>
> OK, this is interesting. Are you 100% sure about this? Are you sure you
> were remebering to install the new module set and make a new initrd?
> This is 32b non PAE, right?
>
> Its hard to see why we'd have a bug like this, but it might explain why
> we haven't had any luck reproing your woes.

I am 99.99% sure, just to be 100% I am going to do another pristine
module spin. This is indeed odd as one would assume everyone is using
modules for server type iron. I also got bit by the xen-br0 to xenbr0
change, xm create should have slapped me for thhis.

I was holding this email up until I spun a module one again but..

[tazman@pluto ~]$ telnet xenbits.xensource.com 80
Trying 217.147.82.57...
telnet: connect to address 217.147.82.57: Network is unreachable
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Network is unreachable

My hg co is failing :-(

Regards,
Ted