From: Ewan Mellor [mailto:ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:33 PM
To: Ted Kaczmarek
Cc: Takekazu Okamoto; Satoshi Uchida; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Why rename default bridge name ?

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 05:06:59AM -0500, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 17:45 +0900, Takekazu Okamoto wrote:
> > Uchida-san,

> > > In network scripit, defualt bridge name replace from xen-br0 to
> > xenbr0
> > > (removed - (hyphen) ).
> > > Why rename default bridge name?
> >
> > This may help you to understand why this happens.
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-10/msg00953.
> > html
> >

> > Takekazu Okamoto
> > Novell Japan
> >

> These types of changes would be must less painful if the hg summary
> had some mention of it :-)

It did.

http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cmd=changeset;node=18eb059a
e47159b8c89eae880ed939245934c751

Plus Kurt's avoid-dash patch:

the network setup scripts on SUSE have trouble with the bridge name
xen-br0; they don't expect the '-'.
Arguably this should be fixed.
But I assume there's more scripts out there which may not like it, so I
suggest the following patch to rename xen-br0 to xenbr0.

Ewan.