Re: [Xen-devel] Network script handling changes

Ewan Mellor wrote:

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:50:44AM -0600, Li Ge wrote:

No, the settings look right.  Of course, I presume that you have noticed that
my wrapper script is not quite right -- it does not pass the "start" command
through to network-bridge.

Ewan, there seems to be an underlying problem that some people
are hitting more frequently than others - the virtual interface
just doesn't get created, and it seems to be non-deterministic
(occasionally passes). So we suspect yet another timing hole,
from what I can tell. Will have more for you today, although
there are a couple of other issues we're sidetracked on..

Getting trace output (set -x) from the scripts from everybody
would be good..

thanks,
Nivedita

Even when you run network-bridge manually, it still hasn't worked though.  Do
you get any error messages in /var/log/debug, /var/log/syslog, etc?  One
obvious problem is that you have no vif0.1 interface, which is the one that
connects from your new eth1 to xenbr1.  I presume that the script is bailing
out early for some reason -- it would be good if you could figure out where it
stops, and why.

Could you open a bug, and attach the output of
brctl show
ifconfig
route
iptables -L

before and after running

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge vifnum=0 start
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge vifnum=1 start

This should give us good clues to help with the debugging.

Thanks a lot,

Ewan.