Re: [Xen-devel] Remaining ia64 differences in xen driver code -- privcmd

On Friday 04 November 2005 11:31, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)
wrote:
> ...I'd like to move the remaining handful of ia64 differences
> into the mainline using "#ifdef __ia64__".  Would that
> be OK?  If so, I will include them in the next ia64 pull.
> If not, I'd appreciate some help with the x86 code changes.

I have also had to hack up privcmd.c for PowerPC. (It's not at all "done", but
if you're curious you can see
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-ppc-2.6.hg?cmd=file;filenode=2d94a3add83d64fa65e574dffbcb9a7cebea5c4b;file=drivers/xen/privcmd/privcmd.c
 .)

It would be cleaner to have privcmd_ioctl just call out to arch_privcmd_ioctl.
For example, PPC Linux doesn't do physical<->machine translation right now.
We will probably change that in the future, but for the moment things like
'machine_to_phys_mapping' do not exist. It seems from your ifdefs that IA64
has similar issues, so for now it seems there are more differences than
commonality in privcmd_ioctl, so we should just make it arch-specific.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center