Re: [Xen-devel] Remaining ia64 differences in xen driver code -- privcmd

On Friday 04 November 2005 13:51, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)
wrote:
> > I have also had to hack up privcmd.c for PowerPC. (It's not
> > at all "done", but if you're curious you can see
> > http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/linux-ppc-2.6.hg?cmd=file;fil
> > enode=2d94a3add83d64fa65e574dffbcb9a7cebea5c4b;file=drivers/xe
> > n/privcmd/privcmd.c .)
> >
> > It would be cleaner to have privcmd_ioctl just call out to
> > arch_privcmd_ioctl.
>
> That makes sense, but currently there is no directory structure
> to support the archdep/arch-neutral boundaries for xen drivers
> (so no place to put arch_privcmd_ioctl) other than in header files.

What do you mean "directory structure"? Just add a prototype to
include/asm-xen/linux-public/privcmd.h and implement it somewhere in
architecture code. You can add your own files or directories if you like:
it's your architecture...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center