Re: [Xen-devel] Guest OS without paging

> Is it possible to have xen run a guest OS that doesn't use paging. Can I
> present just a continuous block of memory, that just represents the real
> memory available to the domain, to the guest, and not the expanded amount
> that paging would allow, so that in the guest I dont have to worry about
> maintaining a page table and such.

Well...  the guest OS has to run in protected mode, so there has to be a page
table somewhere...  But you don't have to do anything fancy with it.

Is this for a custom guest?  The domain builder will give you a set of
bootstrap pagetables - this might even be enough for your if your guest OS
has tiny memory requirements.  If you need more, your guest should probably
build one pagetable at startup that maps all of the available memory, then
use that table for everything.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,
Mark