RE: [Xen-devel] Not able to boot domU (root VBD not visible at domU)

  • To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Santos, Jose Renato G" <joserenato.santos@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 19:01:33 -0800
  • Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 19:50:46 +0000

  Thanks Ian

  Yes, I was able to boot dom0 on RHEL4 using an initrd.
  I could also boot domU on RHEL4 successfully. The problem
  was indeed redhat 9 which seems to not work well with
  the new way of setting VBD.

  Everything was fine when using RHEL4 and a xen-unstable version
  of October 31 (I have to check the exact changeset number when
  I am back at work, Monday). But then I decided to update to the
  newest xen-unstable version (I believe this was on November 3)
  and then was unable to boot domU again (although the behavior
  is somewhat different now: an error message is printed after
  running command xm create).
  I reversed back to the version of October 31 and I have a
  working version for now. Not sure if others are seing the
  same problem, but some changeset introduced between Oct 31 and
  Nov 3 is causing a problem with VBD setting for me (i.e. not
  setting VBD properly when creating domU preventing domU to boot).

  Renato