Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug script not working

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Ayres" <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:26 AM
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug script not working
I have this same problem under CentOS 4 and Fedora Core 4. I am doing my own investigations, but I just wanted to verify this is not an isolated case.

I seem to be going backwards with the xen networking and FC4 (bridge/vlan/bonding). I don't as yet know what my problem is, and I can't get vif0.0 and veth0 operating reliably (I have it working well on one machine with code from the 22nd Oct, but not on others - newer code doesn't seem to help). I have noticed that on machines where I am having good success, that there is a "Dynamic-irq blkif-backend" entry in /proc/interrupts. ICMP pings work reliabily, but other traffic seems to hit the bit bucket.

I don't understand how hotplug would work on FC4, as FC4 uses udev (sysctl kernel.hotplug -> "kernel.hotplug = /sbin/udevsend", and udevd is running), but there is a limitation that xen only uses udev for udev 059 and greater ('check_hotplug' script); but FC4 reports `udev- V` -> 058. How are other people getting this to work on FC4? Why does the check_hotplug script require udev >= 059?

Greg.