Re: [Xen-devel] Re: debian

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 03:36:27PM +1100, James Harper wrote:
> > Is anyone maintaining debian packages anymore?
>
> Adam Heath <doogie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> is listed as the maintainer for the
> packages currently in Debian.  Admittedly, those packages are a little
> behind the times (2.0.6).  Have you asked Adam whether he's still interested
> in maintaining the packages (nicely, of course!)
>
> If Adam is no longer interested, I might be convinced to step up to the
> plate -- I've got the Debian Xen packages in production in a couple of
> places, and naturally wouldn't like to see them rot.

I don't like uploading packages that I can't test.  Which obviously means
installing them and booting xen.  My work hasn't had a test system for me to
use, but that seems to be fixed now.

Another problem, is that debian like to remove old kernel source.  Which means
supporting older xen(even 2.0.7) is tricky, as it requires 2.6.12.

In all honesty, I would love to see newer versions of xen 2.0 for newer
kernels; it'd make my job that much easier.