[Xen-devel] Re: First post-xenbus-change USB patch

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 03:23:21PM +0000, harry wrote:

> I'd like the otherend_changed entrypoint to be optional please.

No problem.  I'm sure you could whizz up a patch for us.

> I did a quick bit of testing and managed to mount the USB key again etc
> but had a few problems with module unload and reload.  I think I maybe
> got hit by the unregister_watch deadlock then

Yes, we really need to address that one.  The code says

        /* Flush any currently-executing callback, unless we are it. :-) */

(IIRC, that's the deadlock point that Rusty highlighted) but I don't really
know what this means.  Can you shed some light here on what we ought to be
doing?

> after I killed the FE domain, the new xenbus code gave an error message when
> I tried to unload and reload the BE.

Which error message?

Cheers,

Ewan.