Re: [Xen-devel] VMX status report Nov.16 changset 7283

"Shi, Kuiliang" <kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 11/16/2005 02:46:13 AM:

> We have test latest xen on VT platform with Intel 915 chipset and
> Here is the test  summary:
> Now the kbd & mouse behavior abnormal bug was fixed!
>
> IA32:
>     Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
>     Can startup unmodified 2.4/2.6 linux on VMX domain
>     Can startup VMX & Xen with different configuration
>     Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

Would you elaborate a little bit on "part of LTP runs well" ?
Which part(s) of LTP did not run ?  Have you tried any other
tests / benchmarks in VMX domains ?

Also, have you seen zombie VMX domains after trying to
destroy them (or shut them down) ?

> IA32E:
>     Build&Boot SMP xen0 without problem
>     Can startup unmodied xenU with different configuration
>     Part of LTP runs well in VMX domain(2.6)

Previously you reported the hypervisor crashing on x86_64
when trying to destroy a VMX domain.  Do you still see this
problem or has it been fixed ?

When you have multiple VMX domains co-existing, do you run
any tests / benchmarks in them ?  Can they all be destroyed
or shut down without any problem ?

I am very glad that you and your team are testing VT-related
stuff and posting your test status.  Please keep 'em coming :-)
Thanks.

Regards,

Khoa