Re: [Xen-devel] FYI: userland <-> hypervisor parameter passing

On 17 Nov 2005, at 18:53, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Ok, so all the nested pointers will be in the machine address space. I think
that will require some rework of the layering in xc_private.c, since
functions like xc_add_mmu_update() dereference the pointers they're passed.

Yes, that's true. Hopefully we can remove that, or worst case will need a xencomm->virtual reverse translation function....

Perfectly reasonable. If it didn't require so much out-of-tree libxc hacking,
I would volunteer to implement this design right now.

Yeah, it's going to cause some short-term pain.

So I think I should leave the PPC implementation as-is for now, but I will be
looking forward to post-3.0 (as I suppose we all will, for various
reasons ;) .

:-)

 -- Keir