[Xen-devel] Re: [DOC] Update item on FAQ

Molle Bestefich wrote:
Gerd Knorr wrote:

Nevertheless I don't see why it causes trouble, the domain builder
should simply take the ramdisk blob and pass it as-is to the kernel, no?

Another thing that's broken is initramfs (cpio) images.
Results in "RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at
0", every time.

No -- I've been using those with xen.unstable for quite some time, and they work fine. Linux copes nicely with these whether or not they're gzipped.

Well, sort of fine; they're very twitchy about the cpio format, but that's the case upstream as well. For instance, the cpio image *absolutely must* include . (as opposed to just containing the files under its root directory), and there are only two cpio format variants that are supported (I use newc).