[Xen-devel] __ia64__ ifdef in xmalloc.c: "Fix ar.unat handling for fast paths"

Hi all,

        While browsing the code, I noticed this in xmalloc.c:

#ifndef __ia64__
    BUG_ON(align > SMP_CACHE_BYTES);
#endif

        This is clearly wrong: due to header alignment we cannot give you a
greater alignment than SMP_CACHE_BYTES.  Overriding this will cause the
allocation to succeed, but not give the alignment requested.  It usually
indicates the caller should be fixed.

Does someone with an ia64 box know why, or want to rip it out and see
what breaks?

Thanks!
Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman