Re: [Xen-devel] USB virt 2.6 split driver patch series

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:44 +0200, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 03:14:10PM +0000, harry wrote:
>
> > Lindent also messed up by putting the starting open brace for a number
> > of functions after the parameters rather than at the start of a new
> > line.  There are also some problems from Lindent with parameter lists
> > being formatted in a confusing way.  I need to go through and fix these
> > issues.  I thought it was more important to get the code out for more
> > exposure and feedback on other issues than hide it away for another week
> > to fix the formatting perfectly.
>
> The thing is, the more readable the coding style, the more meaningful
> comments you'll get. I believe readable in this context is the Linux
> kernel coding style. Case in point - all of the comments so far have
> been about the coding style. Please fix it as soon as possible and
> repost so that we could move on to more substantial issues without
> getting hung up on the awkward (from a Linux kernel POV!) coding
> style.

I'll give it a couple of days to get all the style issue feedback then
fix it in a single pass.  The biggest issue so far seems to be the use
of braces for nested scope which isn't documented in CodingStyle so I
would have had the same feedback even if I had already gone through and
fixed the issues I knew about.

--
Harry Butterworth <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>